Set your intentions and wake the senses
- Sit up straight on the edge of the bed, with your spine straight and your feet flat on the ground. Keep your hands resting on your lap and your eyes closed.
- Feel your breath as it moves in and out of your nose.
- LISTEN. Inhale, and as you exhale notice all the sounds around you. Continue this for a few breaths.
- SMELL. On your next breath, inhale and exhale noticing the scents around you. Take a few breaths with your attention on what you can smell.
- SEE. On your next breath, inhale and as you exhale open your eyes and notice your surroundings. Take a few breaths with your eyes softly open and become aware of the colours and the light. Then close your eyes.
- TASTE. On your next breath inhale and as you exhale, become aware of your lips, your tongue and the rest of the mouth. Take notice of any tastes or flavours in your mouth.
- FEEL. Finally be aware of your feet on the ground, your hands on your lap and your seat on the bed. Continue this for a few breaths.
- As your senses come alive and you feel present in the moment, look forward to the new adventures and experiences that await you.