Fables of the Peninsula
- One-night Courtyard Suite accommodation at the Raffles Hotel, Singapore, including breakfast
- One-night Deluxe Room accommodation at the Cameron Highlands Resort, including dinner and breakfast
- Four-nights’ accommodation aboard the Eastern & Oriental Express luxury train
- Dedicated 24-hour steward service on board
- House beverages included
- Daily four-course dinner while aboard the train: Seasonal table d’hôte menu, including cheeseboard, biscuits and chutneys, coffee, tea and petits fours
- Daily continental breakfast served in your cabin
- Daily three-course lunch
- Afternoon tea, including sandwiches, cakes and pastries
- Choice of excursions in Kuala Lumpur, the Highlands and Penang
- Boat ride to Hat Wanakon Beach with lunch
Arrive independently at the iconic Raffles Hotel for a complimentary overnight stay in a Courtyard Suite.
The rest of the day is at your leisure, exploring the tropical gardens or sampling a famous Singapore Sling.
Enjoy breakfast and a private train check-in at the hotel, followed by a welcome reception aboard the train.
Sit down to your first decadent dinner in the opulent dining carriages. Complete the day with a nightcap in the Bar Car while listening to the nostalgic melodies performed by the resident pianist.
Following breakfast arrive at Kuala Lumpur Railway Station, choosing between two exciting city excursions.
Return to the train for lunch and continue your journey via coach transfer to the Cameron Highlands, the highest point in peninsular Malaysia.
Proceed to the Cameron Highlands Resort for an overnight stay, complete with a casual dinner at the resort.
Start the day with your choice of tour; visit the famed Best of Highlands tea plantation with several tasting opportunities, or discover the jungle’s flora and fauna on the Jim Thompson trail.
After checking out of the hotel, sit down to a decadent Western or Japanese menu at Gonbei Restaurant.
Return to the train at Ipoh Station and prepare for this evening’s formal dinner.
This morning disembark and transfer to the island of Penang, where several excursions are available to you.
After your chosen tour return to the train and enjoy time at leisure. Both lunch and dinner are served on board.
Start the day with a refreshing ride to the pier of Baan Huay Yang, a charming fishing town.
Transfer to the island of Koh Chaan. This picturesque island is part of the surrounding national park and features stunning cliffs that are home to thousands of bird colonies.
Continue your adventure with a boat ride to Hat Wanakon Beach for a seafood lunch barbecue.
Return to the train for a farewell cocktail reception and a formal dinner.
Arrive and disembark in Bangkok.
Loading your journey results
Please Note: All timings shown on this website are for your guidance only. Confirmed timings will be supplied with your travel documents. Please ensure you bring your travel documents on the day of your journey.
Loading other journeys you may like
Need some help?
For further information, assistance in choosing your journey or to purchase this journey as a gift, please call us on
This cultural adventure begins with a night at the legendary Raffes Hotel in Singapore, before whisking you off to Kuala Lumpur, the Cameron Highlands and Huay Yang.