Unlock Siem Reap
Belmond La Résidence d’Angkor is a calm oasis from which to start your travels. Right at the beating heart of Siem Reap, we are a gateway to Cambodia’s old and new worlds: the temples of Angkor Wat and the thriving town of Siem Reap.
ANGKOR WAT IS one of the world’s most celebrated sites and a Cambodian national treasure. The Khmer temple was built for King Suryavarman II in the early 12th Century. It is one of the all-time great architectural masterpieces, both in size (almost 700ft tall and spanning five acres) and intricacy (the tower has over 3,000 heavenly nymphs carved into its walls). It truly must be seen to be believed. Little wonder then, that almost two million visitors a year have the same idea as you.
La Résidence d’Angkor’s enviable position and expert guides allow you to experience Angkor Wat as it was intended. Watch the sun rise from the East Gate over the main temple’s five perfectly aligned towers. Then spend the day exploring lesser known but equally inspiring sacred sites. There are hundreds of temples surrounding Angkor Wat—our trusted guides will show you down hidden pathways, where the jungle wraps itself magically around age-old ruins.
But your exploration of Cambodia shouldn’t stop there. Over the years we have had the privilege of watching Siem Reap transform from tourist gateway to an exciting destination in its own right. Sample the lively food scene in the impressive Khmer restaurants—our mystery dining tour will take you to our favourites.
Delve into the creative scene in Kandal village, a two-minute walk from our hotel. Here you’ll find a community of cafes, restaurants, spas and boutiques. Don’t miss Cambodian designer Sirivan Chak Dumas’ boutique, selling bold menswear and womenswear in feather-light cotton. Visit nearby Louise Loubatieres and browse through a stunning selection of lacquer homeware, ceramics and textiles.
Witness the dazzling Phare Cambodian Circus too. The show is world-famous, staged by students and graduates of a social enterprise school which provides art education to underprivileged Cambodian youth. Here, theatre dance, music and storytelling come together in a beautiful celebration of Cambodian traditions.Explore Siem Reap with Belmond
Top things to do in Siem Reap
Top things to do in Siem Reap
- Experience Angkor Wat. Wake up at sunrise to see lesser known temples in a different light or cycle down unknown pathways at twilight.
- Enjoy sunset cocktails on the Tonlé Sap lake aboard a classic wooden day ship. Inquire with our concierge for private hire.
- Sample the best of Siem Reap’s mouthwatering culinary scene on our Mystery Dine Around tour.
- Belmond La Résidence d’Angkor Circus Dinner experience. Delight in an evening of laughter, storytelling and surprises. Enjoy a starter and main course at Ember restaurant before heading back to our Martini Lounge for desert.
- Made in Cambodia Market. Don’t miss this showcase of Cambodian craft and design, held daily and just ten minutes from the hotel.
Belmond La Résidence d'Angkor
Kingdom of Cambodia
Tel: +855 (0) 63 963 390
How to get here
The hotel is a 20-minute drive from Siem Reap airport, which is only a one-hour flight from Bangkok.
Guests seeking a more scenic arrival can arrange a boat trip from Phnom Penh. You'll travel up the Mekong River and through the beautiful Tonle Sap Lake, arriving in Siem Reap three days later.