AUTHENTIC ITALIAN RECIPE
This comforting dish is one of the most traditional in all of Liguria. The local ‘avvantaggiate’ pasta is the perfect shape to carry the flavours of home-made pesto. Fall in love with this traditional dish with a recipe from Corradi Corti, Executive Chef at Splendido, A Belmond Hotel, Portofino. With a glass of chilled Ligurian Vermentino, it doesn’t get more authentic than this.
Ingredients (serves 4)
For the pesto
- 300g / 10 oz basil
- 100g / 3 ½ oz Grana Padano cheese
- 80g / 3 oz Fiore Sardo cheese
- 125g / 4 ½ oz pine nuts
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 200ml / ⅘ cup extra virgin olive oil
For the pasta
- 320g / 11 oz trenette avvantaggiate pasta (if unavailable, use linguine)
- 200g / 7 oz of your home-made pesto from above
- 2 ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 60g / 2 oz potatoes
- 60g / 2 oz green beans
- To make the pesto, wash and dry your basil leaves. In a mortar and pestle, grind together the oil, garlic, pine nuts and salt. Add the basil and continue. Finally, grate in both cheeses and mix.
- Cook the potatoes and green beans in boiling salted water until soft. Add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- Drain your pasta, potatoes and beans, retaining a little cooking water to dilute the pesto.
- Add your pesto with the olive oil and stir through to serve.
Keep exploring with Belmond