Belmond Sanctuary Lodge is the only hotel adjacent to the Lost City of the Incas.
Belmond Sanctuary Lodge is located within the sanctuary of Machu Picchu, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and voted one of the New Wonders of the World.
Part of the Cusco Region of Peru, it sits almost 2,500 metres above sea level. The hotel and citadel are a short walk or bus ride away from the town of Aguas Calientes and 80 kilometres from Cusco.
There are a variety of ways to get to Machu Picchu:
- By train service provided by PeruRail >
- By trekking along the old Inca trail
- A regular bus service operates between Aguas Calientes and the Citadel, departing every 20 minutes
Bus Time Table
- Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu: from 5:30am to 3:30pm
- Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes: from 6:00am to 5:30pm
Please note that there are no taxis from Aguas Calientes to the Machu Picchu Citadel. For transport after bus operating hours, private transfers can be arranged. Please contact Consettur directly at +51 84 21 1134.