Grand Tour of Great Britain
8 Days / 7 Nights, from US$13,460 per person
A round-Britain itinerary.
Itinerary & Timetable
- Depart from Edinburgh and travel through Perth, enjoy afternoon tea on the Highland Line to Aviemore.
- Arrive early evening in the peaceful Highland village of Boat of Garten.
- Cocktails are served followed by an informal dinner.
- Visit estate of Rothiemurchus for clay pigeon shooting and wildlife walks.
- Return to the train for lunch before visiting Culloden.
- Continue east to Keith where you will have an opportunity to visit Strathisla Distillery.
- Rejoin the train in Keith and continue through Speyside towards Dundee on the banks of the Firth of Tay.
- Head south into England, passing the Lake District National Park.
- Historical walking tour of Chester, including a drinks reception in the cathedral.
- Prepare for an informal dinner as the train crosses into Wales.
- After dinner disembark for a visit to Gwydir Castle.
- Visit the walled town of Caernarfon with its picturesque castle and enjoy a ride on a narrow gauge railway.
- Arrive back in England.
- Breakfast is served on the move as the train travels south to the spa city of Bath.
- On arrival in Bath enjoy guided tour of Roman baths and time to explore the World Heritage-listed city.
- Travel to Oxford and transfer to Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons for dinner.
- Rejoin the train and enjoy an after-dinner drink as the train travels to the Nene Valley Railway.
- Visit Cambridge and historic Corpus Christi college, including the Parker library with its medieval and Renaissance manuscripts.
- Guests can also enjoy a leisurely punt on the River Cam.
- Overnight stabling in Scarborough.
- Breakfast is served as the train travels from Scarborough to York.
- Enjoy morning coffee at Fairfax House followed by free time or a guided walking tour of the city.
- Rejoining the train, you travel up through Northumberland into Alnmouth by early evening, here you disembark for a celebratory private viewing of Alnwick Castle followed by an exclusive farewell dinner.
- Return to the train for your last night on board.
- Depart Northumberland early in the morning, cross the border back into Scotland and arrive back at Edinburgh Waverley after breakfast.
Itineraries are subject to change and all timings shown are for your guidance only. Confirmed itineraries and timings will be supplied with your travel documents.
For further information or assistance in choosing your journey, please call us on
You may also like
Country Homes & Gardens Journey
June 2014 - June 2015
5 days/4 nights
Edinburgh - Glasgow - Keith - Edinburgh
Classic Scottish Golf Tour and Gleneagles
6 days/5 nights
Edinburgh - Keith - Perth - Edinburgh
Grand North Western Journey
April 2014 - October 2015
8 days/7 nights
Edinburgh - Ardlui - Glasgow - Edinburgh
Grand West Highland Journey
May 2014 - September 2015
6 days/5 nights
Edinburgh - Ardlui - Glasgow - Keith - Perth - Edinburgh