New Year Celebration Cruise, Belmond Road to Mandalay
8 Days / 7 Nights, from US$3,880 per person
Treat yourself to a celebration like no other aboard Belmond Road to Mandalay.
Itinerary & Timetable
- On arrival, transfer to Belmond Road to Mandalay berthed on the Ayeyarwady River at Shwe Kyet Yet. A delicious lunch is served on the top deck.
- In the afternoon, take a guided tour of King Bodawpaya's monumental unfinished pagoda at Amarapura.
- This evening enjoy a welcome cocktail party on the top deck and your first dinner on board. Be dazzled by a Burmese Royal Acrobat performance before retiring to your cabin for the night.
- Sunrise yoga or meditation is followed by an early morning breakfast and almsgiving.
- Later take a tour of the key sights of Mandalay including the famous U Bein Bridge.
- Return to Belmond Road to Mandalay and enjoy a revitalising back massage or manicure and pedicure as the river life floats by.
- The ship moors mid-river for a delightful dinner on board.
- After breakfast, visit the small village of Yanderbo, noted for its clay pot production.
- Return to Belmond Road To Mandalay and set sail, arriving in Bagan mid-afternoon.
- Enjoy a guided tour of some of the many ancient pagodas before admiring the sunset over Dhamayazaka Temple.
- This evening you'll be treated to a barbecue on the sandbank and a performance from a traditional local dance troupe.
- After breakfast return to Bagan by boat to continue your fascinating tour, including a visit to a lacquer-ware factory.
- Lunch is served as Belmond Road to Mandalay continues her journey downriver.
- In the evening, dinner is followed by a local puppet show in Observation Lounge.
- Enjoy a morning tour of Salay after breakfast, admiring the rich history and colonial-era buildings.
- Return to the ship for lunch as you resume sailing through the palm-fringed hills around Chauk.
- A delicious dinner is followed by an unmissable surprise on the river.
- After breakfast join a tour to the many small shops and factories of Pakokku.
- Return to Belmond Road to Mandalay and continue sailing north.
- As the sun sets, enjoy a fabulous New Year's Eve cocktail party on the deck followed by the chef's special feast in the restaurant.
- A live band and champagne countdown offer a magical introduction to the New Year.
- Early risers can join the sunrise meditation or yoga session. After breakfast, relax as the ship continues towards Mandalay.
- A leisurely New Year's brunch is served mid-morning on the top deck, after which you can enjoy a tour to the royal capital of Ava.
- Enjoy afternoon refreshments at the fort, followed by a special horse and cart tour.
- Return to the ship for your final night on board, and enjoy an exquisite farewell dinner. A Burmese comedy dance act provide tonight's entertainment.
- After an early breakfast on board, disembark and transfer to the airport for your onward flight.
Please Note: All timings shown on this website are for your guidance only. Confirmed timings will be supplied with your travel documents. Please ensure you bring your travel documents on the day of your journey.
For further information or assistance in choosing your journey, please call us on
You may also like
Images of a Golden Land, Belmond Road to Mandalay
July 2014 - December 2015
5 days/4 nights
Bagan - Mandalay
Ayeyarwady Adventure, Belmond Road to Mandalay
October 2014 - November 2015
8 days/7 nights
Bagan - Mandalay - Bagan
Gorges of the Far North, Belmond Road to Mandalay
August 2014 - September 2015
12 days/11 nights
Mandalay - Bhamo - Bagan
Highlights of Myanmar, Belmond Road to Mandalay
July 2014 - December 2015
4 days/3 nights
Mandalay - Bagan