Kuala Lumpur - Bangkok
2 Days / 1 Night, from US$2,170 per person
Journey on board the Eastern & Oriental Express from Kuala Lumpur to exciting Bangkok through the heart of South-East Asia. Visit colonial Georgetown and the infamous River Kwai.
Itinerary & Timetable
- Settle into your cabin as the train pulls out fo the historic Kuala Lumpar station.
- Enjoy breakfast in your cabin before disembarking at Butterworth.
- Choose one of our guided tours of colonial Georgetown or Penang Island, discover pre-World War II mosques, temples, churches, bazaars and shophouses.
- Rejoin the train for a delicious lunch, then watch the ever-changing scenery as you cross into Thailand.
- Share stories with your fellow travellers over dinner before retiring for the night.
- Alight in the morning at the River Kwai Bridge station for a cruise along the picturesque river with a local historian.
- After, visit the Thailand-Burma Railway Centre and take some time to visit the Don Rak War Cemetery.
- Return to the train for lunch, before ending your journey in Bangkok in the late afternoon.
Please Note: All timings shown on this website are for your guidance only. Confirmed timings will be supplied with your travel documents. Please ensure you bring your travel documents on the day of your journey.