Tales of Laos
4 Days / 3 Nights, from US$4,000 per person
Discover the hidden beauty of Thailand and Laos as you travel through verdant jungle. Take in Phimai, Khao Yai National Park and the Friendship Bridge over the Mekong.
Itinerary & Timetable
- Settle into your elegant cabin, where your attentive steward will serve afternoon tea.
- Admire the changing vistas from the Observation Car as the train journeys into northeast Thailand.
- Later that evening, enjoy an aperitif accompanied by live piano music in the Bar Car before your first dinner on board in one of the beautiful restaurant cars.
- Retire to your cabin, which has been transformed into a cosy bedroom.
- Breakfast is served in your cabin before arriving into Hin Dat.
- Disembark for an excursion to the UNESCO World Heritage site of Phimai, one of the most important Khmer ruins in Thailand.
- Return to the train for lunch as the journey continues to picturesque Khao Yai, where you can enjoy a tour of the vineyards and sample the wines.
- Rejoin the E&O to prepare for dinner on board. Afterwards, spend an enjoyable evening being serenaded by the pianist in the Bar Car.
- After breakfast, the train crosses the Mekong River via the Friendship Bridge, which links Thailand to Laos.
- Disembark for a full day’s excursion in the capital city of Vientiane, including lunch at the historic Settha Palace Hotel. Marvel at the contrast of gilded Buddhist temples and French colonial architecture.
- Rejoin the train late afternoon and depart for your return journey to Thailand, relaxing in the Observation Car.
- As night descends, sip on a refreshing cocktail before your final dinner on board.
- Enjoy a leisurely breakfast as the train proceeds to Bangkok, arriving mid-morning.
Please Note: All timings shown on this website are for your guidance only. Confirmed timings will be supplied with your travel documents. Please ensure you bring your travel documents on the day of your journey.
For further information or assistance in choosing your journey, please call us on
You may also like
New Year Celebration 2014
4 days/3 nights
Singapore - Kuala Lumpur - Bangkok
7 days/6 nights
Fables of the Hills
June 2014 - October 2014
7 days/6 nights