BELMOND CHARLESTON PLACE NEWS
About Belmond Charleston Place
Consistently ranked among the best hotels in the world by the readers of Condé Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure magazines, Belmond Charleston Place evokes the feeling of a grand, 17th century residence. The staff of the hotel is dedicated to indulging its guests with the finest in Southern hospitality. Guests can enjoy the hotel’s award-winning restaurants, full service European-style spa, horizon-edge swimming pool with retractable glass roof and centralized location in the heart of downtown Charleston.
Solar Eclipse Package
For astronomers and star gazers alike, August 21, 2017 is a monumental event in the United States, as it will be the first time in 99 years a total eclipse of the sun will be visible from coast to coast. Visitors to Charleston, SC will be able to see the total solar eclipse for more than a minute. To celebrate, Belmond Charleston Place has put together a Solar Eclipse Package that includes luxury accommodations and an exclusive four-course wine dinner with an astronomer to learn more about this awe-inspiring celestial event. In addition, guests will have access to a special rooftop viewing area with Champagne and hors d'oeuvres, plus will receive eclipse glasses to keep.
- Luxury accommodations
- Access to a special VIP viewing area from 12:00-3:00pm with passed champagne, hors d'oeuvres and special glasses
- Exclusive four course gourmet dinner with wine pairings by Executive Chef Michelle Weaver
- Presentation by guest speaker, Dr. Jon Hakkila, professor of Physics and Astronomy at the College of Charleston
- Complimentary wireless internet
- Travel dates August 18 - August 23, 2017
Charleston Alumni Offer
Elevate your return to your alma mater with a stay at the luxurious Belmond Charleston Place.
- Luxurious accommodations
- 10% off Best Available Rate
- Enjoy $50 food and beverage credit
- Use ALUMNI for booking code
- This package is valid for travel through December 27, 2017.
- Offer is valid for alumni of College of Charleston, the Citadel, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston Southern University and Trident Technical College.
- $50 food and beverage credit must be used during your stay and is non-refundable. Not valid for Guest Room dining.
Belmond Charleston Place
205 Meeting Street
Charleston, South Carolina 29401
Tel: 1-888-635-2350 or