IMMERSE YOURSELF IN LOCAL CULTURE WITH 'MADRITZ' PACKAGES AT HOTEL RITZ MADRID
18 November 2013 – Hotel Ritz Madrid has launched a series of ‘MadRitz’ packages to help guests immerse themselves in the city’s local culture. One of Europe's greatest hotels, Hotel Ritz Madrid sits in the vibrant ‘Golden Triangle’ at the heart of the lively Spanish capital. Overlooking the famous Prado Museum, it is steps away from other major galleries, the old town and shops.
Making use of the hotel’s spectacular location, each ‘MadRitz’ package features must-do activities and cultural experiences to help guests make the most of their time in the city. With eight themed packages to choose from, there’s something for every type of guest, from families to foodies and art lovers to shopaholics.
Below are details of a selection of ‘MadRitz’ packages, including ‘Mad for Spain’, ‘Mad for my Family’, ‘Mad for Tapas’ and ‘Mad for Shopping’. Details of additional packages in the series are available at www.ritzmadrid.com.
‘Mad for Spain’
Experience Madrid’s cultural highlights, including world-famous art, historical architecture and traditional cuisine. The ‘Mad for Spain’ package includes:
• Luxury accommodation
• Round-trip limousine airport transfers
• Guided tour of the Prado Museum, Spain's principal art gallery
• VIP tour of Bernabéu Stadium, home to Real Madrid Football Club
• Walking tour of Hapsburg Madrid, the city's historical centre
• Afternoon tea at the hotel
• Tickets to the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum
• Tasting of Dalí-Tini, the hotel’s signature cocktail inspired by former guest Salvador Dalí
• Five-course degustation menu with wine at the hotel’s Goya Restaurant
• Dinner at Botín, listed in the Guinness Book of Records as the world’s oldest working restaurant
• Tapas cookery class with wine
• Spanish hand fan class
• Optional Iberian ham course with tasting, carving and history (additional cost)
Priced from £2,674, based on two people sharing a Classic Room for five nights with breakfast.
‘Mad for my Family’
Enjoy family fun at a range of theme parks and child-friendly attractions. Back at the hotel, kids can enjoy in-room entertainment and even design their own dinner menu. The ‘Mad for my Family’ package includes:
• Luxury accommodation with 50% off an optional second room
• Round-trip limousine airport transfers
• Guided tour of the Prado Museum
• Dinner with wine at Goya Restaurant, where children can design their own menu with the chef and enjoy complimentary ice cream
• Two tickets with round-trip transfers to Faunia animal park, Warner Bros. Park or Micropolix, a child-sized town where children can try adult jobs
• In-room games console, family DVDs and children’s amenities
• Treats at evening turndown
Priced from £1,637, based on two adults and one child sharing a Deluxe Room for two nights with breakfast.
‘Mad for Tapas’
Food enthusiasts can hone their culinary skills with a tapas cookery class with the hotel chef, during which they’ll learn to create authentic Spanish cuisine.
The ‘Mad for Tapas’ package includes:
• Tapas cookery class
• Lunch and wine
• Iberian ham course
• Apron, professional knife, chef’s hat and book.
Priced from £419 for two people (accommodation not included).
‘Mad for Shopping’
Hit Madrid’s shops in style with a personal shopper and chauffeur-driven limousine, before winding-down with a relaxing spa treatment. The ‘Mad for Shopping’ package includes:
• Personal shopper for two hours
• Chauffeur-driven limousine
• 30-minute head, shoulder or foot massage at Bodyna Wellness Priced from £529 for two people (accommodation not included).For more information or to make a booking, please call the UK reservations team on 0845 077 2222 or visit www.ritzmadrid.com.
– ENDS –
About Orient-Express Hotels Ltd.
Orient-Express Hotels Ltd. is a luxury hotel company and sophisticated adventure travel operator which seeks to deliver memorable experiences that are the ultimate expression of each destination's authentic culture. The Company has offered exceptional luxury travel experiences since 1976, when it purchased Hotel Cipriani in Venice and then shortly thereafter recreated the celebrated Venice Simplon-Orient-Express, linking London, Paris and Venice, along with other European cities. Today the Orient-Express Hotels Ltd. brand embraces 44 hotel, cruise and luxury rail businesses in 22 countries, including distinctive properties such as Hotel Cipriani in Venice, Grand Hotel Europe in St Petersburg, Hotel Ritz Madrid, Mount Nelson Hotel in Cape Town, Copacabana Palace in Rio de Janeiro and Maroma Resort and Spa on Mexico’s Riviera Maya. The Company also operates six luxury tourist trains, three river cruise operations and one of New York’s most iconic restaurants. www.orient-express.com.
For further information, please contact Emily Wilson or Kathy Rowsome at Orient-Express Hotels Ltd. on 020 3117 1376, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.