BELMOND VILLA SAN MICHELE
Reservations: 1 800 237 1236
Dating from the 15th century, the Villa’s facade is attributed to Michelangelo. Step inside and you experience the ethereal beauty and solitude of a Renaissance monastery that is as much a part of Italy's culture as the country’s greatest cathedrals and galleries.
Stroll in the Italian gardens, bursting with lemon trees and fragrant roses, and savour superb Tuscan cuisine on the alfresco loggia as if in a private home.
Enjoy magnificent views across the Arno Valley and Florence from the panoramic heated swimming pool.
Situated on a grassy plateau above the gardens, reached by a winding path, a pool snack bar serves tasty lunches and snacks.
Length – 25m
Width – from 5m
Depth – from 1.4 – 2.2m
Once nurtured by Franciscan monks, the immaculate 15th-century gardens at Belmond Villa San Michele include a large wooded park and terraced lawns.
Relax on a lounger, sip a cocktail among the fragrant blooms or take a tour with our gardeners.
Keep fit while surrounded by nature. Run or walk along the path through the woods, and supplement your session with a special exercise station set up along the way.
Indulge in a massage on our dedicated gazebo. Located in a secluded corner of the Italian gardens, it’s the perfect place to unwind while enjoying the stunning view over Florence.
With panoramic vistas across Florence, all the equipment at the gym is window facing and includes weights (from 1-10kg), two bicycles, a treadmill and a step machine.
Full changing facilities, including showers and hair dryers, are available.
Join our personal trainer for a tailor-made workout that might see you striding out among the Fiesole hills or jogging in the heart of the Chianti winelands.
If you would like a massage in your room, please speak to the concierge.
Courtesy Shuttle Bus
A courtesy scheduled shuttle bus operates between the hotel and Piazza della Repubblica in front of La Rinascente department store, in Florence’s historic centre.
Leaves the hotel every 60 minutes from 8:30 am to 7:30 pm
Returns from Piazza della Repubblica every 60 minutes from 9 am to 8 pm
Leaves the hotel every 20 minutes from 8:30 am to 7:30 pm
Returns from Piazza della Repubblica every 20 minutes from 9 am to 8 pm
Please note that our shuttle bus has a maximum capacity of eight passengers.
Contact us for detailed schedules and more information.
Family Friendly Features
- Family friendly restaurant with high chairs and children’s menu
- Barbeque by the pool during the summer
- Cribs and disposable bottles
- Dedicated Kids’ Concierge
- Children's welcome kit with DVDs, slippers and bathrobes
- Supervised Smile kids’ club six days a week (mid-June until the end of August)
- Professional babysitting on request
Let our tutors entertain your little ones. From pizza-making demonstrations and picnics to tours of the hotel’s secret gardens, children will be captivated. Relax knowing that they are receiving expert supervision while at play.
For more information and to meet our mascot Rory the Lion, download our Smile Club factsheet >
Available from mid-June until the end of August, six days a week.Contact us for details
Reservations: 1 800 237 1236
At a Glance
- ACCOMMODATION 45 rooms and suites
- DINING La Loggia restaurant and terrace, pool restaurant and bars
- FEATURES Cookery school, children's club and concierge, panoramnic heated open-air pool and gym
- ACTIVITIES Cultural tours and events
- EVENTS Meeting and banqueting rooms, including the panoramic Davanzati Room
- LOCATION 10km from Florence airport, courtesy shuttle bus to the city centre