ABOUT THE HOTEL
Set in a tranquil plaza behind Cusco's main square, this former palace and convent emerged from years of restoration to become one of the city's most exclusive hotels.
Step past walls of Inca stones and into a cloistered courtyard with an ancient fountain at its heart. Then be surprised as contemporary Cusco comes to the fore: a fabulous spa, the city's first outdoor pool and stylish restaurants serving cutting-edge local cuisine.
This intimate urban retreat has just 55 suites, each enriched with oxygen and with its own private bar where guests can create drinks accented with fresh ingredients grown at and around the hotel.
Hidden behind an ancient façade, within the largest of seven cloistered terraces, you’ll find Cusco’s first outdoor heated swimming pool. It is the heart and social hub of Belmond Palacio Nazarenas.
Terraces and patios
Each tranquil terrace and patio is landscaped with indigenous flowers and kitchen herbs. Fountains and flowing water channels echo the irrigation channels of the agricultural terraces found in the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu.
Guest lounge and library
A large chapel is located near the ancient wooden doors that mark the entrance to Belmond Palacio Nazarenas. Restored and preserved, the chapel's gallery now serves as a guest lounge.
The second floor houses the library, which also displays Peruvian artifacts.
The boutique sources quality local handicrafts, showcased alongside the best of Peru’s up and coming artists and fashion designers.
The lounge is equipped with one iMac computer, a snooker table and a 50" screen.
Complimentary infusions and coffee are served throughout the day.
Open from 9am to 6pm
Your butler will:
- Send an email prior to your arrival to see if you have special requirements
- Help unpack and pack your luggage
- Prepare refreshing cocktails and teach you how to mix a pisco sour
- Provide top tips on where to go and what to do in Cusco and book your tours
- Coordinate laundry and shoe shine services
- Supply you with your choice of hand-made soap made with local ingredients
- Arrange wake-up calls and room service
- Assist with check-out
If you are travelling with children, please contact us.
- One child, age five or younger, can stay free of charge sharing existing bedding with parents
- Children six and older require an additional room (connecting Suites are subject to availability)
- Children eight and younger will also take home a Misky, the hotel mascot, toy