At Belmond La Résidence d'Angkor we are an active promoter of ChildSafe Tourism in Cambodia.
Our staff has been trained by ChildSafe-Cambodia, a project of Friends-International and a protection network against all forms of child abuse.
Together for Cambodia
Together for Cambodia (TFC) is a local home for disadvantaged Khmer children. It aims “to provide an oasis of love, compassion and education for children of all ages and to help homeless Khmer families support themselves and make a positive contribution to the community.”
Belmond La Résidence d’Angkor is an active supporter of ConCERT, a non-profit organisation based in Siem Reap. Aiming to reduce poverty by bringing together Siem Reap’s non-profit organizations and charities with visitors willing to help, ConCert provides guests with information on a range of humanitarian activities that need support.
We pay a yearly membership fee to help keep the programme running. You will be able to find a ConCERT pamphlet in your room, and we also host presentations by ConCERT at our hotel.
Commitment to the Environment
At Belmond La Résidence d'Angkor we are aware of our privileged location and we respect and protect the environment, promoting sustainable development in Cambodia.
Becoming environmentally friendly is an on-going process. Here are some of the green policies we have implemented:
- The hotel complies with World Bank environmental standards
- We recycle as much of the hotel's waste as possible
- We collect and donate cooking oil, which then is used to produce Bio Diesel
- Our used cooking oil is also employed to burn our torches at night
- We treat our waste water in a manner that makes it safe to be released back into the river
- We buy IBIS rice which works together with the Wildlife Conservation Society. IBIS is a premium product from village marketing networks, whose members agree to abide by conservation rules and regulations
We preserve our environment in the hopes that future generations will continue to enjoy and marvel at the legacy of Khmer civilisation.