Charleston’s quaint, narrow alleys, cobblestone streets, and historic homes and buildings beckon you to their doorsteps. Enjoy the city’s charm on foot, by horse-drawn carriage or in air-conditioned comfort. Several options exist for each of the modes of touring and our knowledgeable concierge staff stands ready to assist you.Horse and Carriage Rides
Fort Sumter and Charleston Harbor Tours
- Carriage rides operate daily through the historical residential district
- Hours: 9:15am - 4:15pm
- Duration of the tour is approximately 1 hour
- There are two kinds of carriage tours available
- Private carriage tours hold up to 5 adults and pick up at the hotel outside the large horse fountain. Advance reservations are essential for these tours. The flat fee for 1-5 people is $145.
- Public carriage tours hold up to 16 persons and do NOT accept reservations. These tours depart every 30 minutes or less from the City Market area. The cost is $22 per person. Discount coupons may be obtained from the concierge.
- Please note that after the official operating hours, private tours of the commercial district may be available, but only by advance reservation. Please check with the concierge for availability.
Group Walking Tours
- These tours operate on seasonal hours. Please check with the concierge for scheduled times.
- Advance reservations are required and can made be online, only
- There are two options for these tours
- The combined Fort Sumter & Charleston Harbor tour is approximately 2 hours & 15 minutes
- The separate Charleston Harbor tour is approximately 1 hour & 30 minutes
- Admission for either tour option is $17 for adults and $10 for children under 12
- Tours depart from either the South Carolina Aquarium or the Patriots Point docks
- Please allow 20-30 minutes for ticketing and boarding
Group Driving Tours
- Guided group tours on foot can accommodate up to 20 people
- Walking tours last approximately 2 hours
- Advance reservations are required
Private Walking and Driving Tours
- Guided group tours in a mini-bus can accommodate up to 20 passengers
- There are two types of group driving tours offered
- City tours are approximately 2 hours in duration
- Plantation tours are approximately 4 hours & 30 minutes in duration
- Hotel pick-up is available with advance reservations
- Customized walking and driving tours are available with private licensed tour guides
- The guides furnish their own vehicles, so the tours offer walking and driving in any combination desired, according to the weather and the neighborhood
- Tours are completely flexible and customized to the guests' particular interests, including Lowcountry food, architecture, gardens, military history, religious heritage and the social history of historic Charleston
- Rates are based on the number of guests
- Advance reservations are required through the concierge